January 7, 2019 - The summit will focus on how to ensure that individuals of lower economic strata have access to adequate financial services. The listed presentation topics are (1) Innovation & Product Development for the Last-Mile Customer; and (2) the Role of the Regulator in Enabling Financial Inclusion. The summit features a speech by M A Mannan, Bangladesh’s State Minister for Finance & Planning.
The confirmed list of speakers includes:
– Kamal S Quadir, Founder & CEO of bKash Limited
– Md. Arfan Ali, President & Managing Director of Bank Asia Limited
– Bhavana Srivastava, Associate Director, Inclusive Finance and Banking for MicroSave
– Farzana Choudhury, CEO of Green Delta Insurance Company Limited
– Major General Monir, Chief External and Corporate Affairs Officer of bKash Limited
– Ashraful Alam, Country Project Coordinator for the UN Capital Development Fund
– Muhammad A (Rumee) Ali, CEO of the Bangladesh International Arbitration Centre for the Poor in Bangladesh
– Ananya Raihan, CEO of iSocial
Background on Organizers: The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB) is a private university located in Dhaka. ULAB’s Center for Enterprise and Society researches the relationships between various business practices and the communities they impact.
There is no fee to attend this event.
Event Website: http://2019fis.ulab.edu.bd/
For additional information, you may email 2019fis[at]ulab.edu.bd or call +880 17 3008219 8.
By Tiannah Steele, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
Event Facebook page
Back To Breaking News